The Friends of WakeMed is a network of individuals working to make a difference in our community through building personal and corporate relationships to support the mission of WakeMed Health & Hospitals (WakeMed).
Members of the Friends have opportunities to work with new and established events, network with like-minded colleagues, and facilitate community awareness initiatives.
Membership is open to all individuals 21 years old and above who are interested in supporting the work of WakeMed Health & Hospitals and commit to:
- Make a personal donation to the WakeMed Foundation*
- Actively serving on one committee
- Attending a minimum of two (2) membership meetings out of four (4) annually
- Attending and participating in additional events throughout the year:
- Play an active role in the annual signature event
- Attend at least one other event (Thank-You-Thon, educational events, service projects, and health initiatives)
*We encourage all members to help to raise funds for the Foundation, which can be accomplished through online peer-to-peer fundraising, event sponsorship solicitation, service on the Annual Fund committee, solicitation of in-kind gifts, personal giving, etc.
1. Serve as ambassadors to the community, promoting and enhancing awareness of WakeMed and the WakeMed Foundation
2. Create opportunities for community engagement with WakeMed
3. Raise funds for current and future endeavors of WakeMed
4. Develop future philanthropic leaders (phi·lan·thro·py – the love of mankind)